Saturday, July 23, 2011

Spettus: A Fancy Churrascaria (Brazilian BBQ Place)

I know I've already written about a couple Brazilian barbecue restaurants that we've been to, but tonight we went to one that was light years ahead of those places. Spettus is very well known around here as one of the best places to go for Rodizio barbecued meats, and tonight I found out why. It was in the same style as Tucano's and the other places that I've been to here, but a couple steps ahead. Every piece of meat that we tasted was succulent, juicy, tender and delicious. The buffet of salads and pastas was sensational as well, and there was even a live band playing some smooth jazz (Nick and I are thinking about hiring them to play at our smooth jazz club that we want to open up in Provo). After we got done eating, I went up to them and made a request for them to play "Can you feel the love tonight" by Elton John (it has been stuck in my head ever since). Everybody in the band knew it except for the singer, so they played an instrumental version. I went up to ask if I could take the mic to sing it for them, and the vocalist wanted me to, but the pianist (who looked like he was the guy in charge) decided against it. It was alright though, I sang along anyways and we gave them a big round of applause. After we enjoyed the live music for a bit, we headed out. On our way out we noticed a huge ceramic bull out front, and I thought it was only necessary for me to hop on and take him for a ride. I figured since I had already conquered the meat inside, I would take him for a ride outside. It was a very fun night!


This is us after we ate way too much food. The guy behind us is holding picanha, which is the most succulent and delicious filet steak I have ever taken part of.


This was the assortment of desserts. Unfortunately I was not able to partake due to the extremely high price and extremely full stomach.


The band, keepin it classy. 


The delicious assortment of salads, sushi, pastas, and seafood.


YEE HAH!! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great post hun. You really are getting the hang of blogging! Looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete