Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fenearte Art Craft and Culture Festival

This week our whole group went to a really neat exhibition. It was sort of an arts and crafts festival where cities and states from all over Brazil (and the world for that matter) brought foods and arts from their countries to sell. It was a huge exhibition to say the least; it took a couple of hours just to walk through all of it. I really enjoyed seeing various collections of art from different parts of the country. I was able to taste a lot of different foods at the stands as well which I also thoroughly enjoyed. As good as the event was, the ride home was a little bit worse. We had to take a bus home, and it was close to a living nightmare. It was of course very hot and crowded, but this wasn’t the worst part. The worst part was that we were stuck in stop and go traffic, in the bus, for about two hours. What was about a half hour taxi ride to the exhibition, turned into a two and a half hour ride home in total. To be completely honest, this was not a part of the culture that I felt I needed to experience. I got to be quite familiar with the beauty of the Brazilian bus system on my mission, and I had hoped to never have to reacquaint myself with it. I did live to tell the story though, and it wasn’t the worst thing that’s ever happened to me, but it certainly wasn’t pleasant. I was pretty car sick after we got out of the bus, I recovered quickly though which was good.


The entrance into the exhibition. Under the title it says that it is the biggest market of arts and crafts of Latin America.


A few beautiful Brazilian paintings.


These are little statues that are very common to find in Brazilian homes. They represent the African/Slave influence in Brazil.


Cloths and other linens common in Brazilian kitchens and homes.


This was a painting that I thought was really beautiful of the Brazilian flag with different cultural aspects of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment